Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Estee Lauder - New Beauty Ad Campaign

Estee Lauder has launched a new beauty ad campaign featuring models of varying hues & ethnicities. The purpose? To prove their new philosophy that "Every Woman Can Be Beautiful". Estee Lauder was once thought of as a brand that was formulated for a bit more "seasoned", lighter-hued woman. Well no more. Looking at models Joan Smalls (African American), Constance Jablonski (Caucasian), and Liu Wen (Asian) together definitely helps hammer home their point. Something we knew to be true all along!
Have another look at Joan Smalls below...

So pretty!

When I saw the new focus of the brand, I knew I had to share my viewpoint. I've been using Estee Lauder's foundation for about a year and a half now. I was tipped off by a friend/aesthetician who recommended it to me.
Because my skin is what I call "hyper" combination skin, I really need something that does what I need it to do - well. By "hyper" I mean, my oily parts (forehead, nose, chin) tend to get very oily. Especially in this tropical South Florida weather (Nice for the body/mind/spirit. Not so much for the face.) Because if that, I'm always on the hunt for a good oil control/oil absorbent foundation that's also a perfect match for my skin tone. Enter Estee Lauder.

So, I'm putting myself (face first) on the line in order to demonstrate my point:
Below is a shot of me sans makeup. (Only a tiny bit of eyebrow pencil, bit NOTHING else)...

...YIKES, I know.
Not so flattering. And the oily t-zone thing is quite evident...

...Well, below is my trusted Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil Control foundation in Warm Ginger. (It's also oil absorbent with spf 15.) LOVE...

...And this, below, is happy me after application.
See? Muuuuch better, right?!!


I realize that finding that perfect product that is just-right for you can be an ongoing challenge. Especially for women of color. If your skin is anything like mine, I highly recommend Estee Lauder's Double Matte line to you. It definitely does what it says it will.
Try it out and let me know what you think. Just not a fan? Tell me what your go-to product is. I love Beauty Chit Chat.

L.P.S.,
Carla

*(Images via Estee Lauder & Moi!)

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm HELLO gorgeous! WOW you have some face, perfect bone structure a loooong fab neck and that hair is FIERCE. I am giving you the jealous girl side eye right now.

    And as much as I love Estee's campaign it is no secret that ever skin tone can be fab... i mean duuuh all you have to do is walk down the steet :)

    ReplyDelete